Ablockz

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by _Ultima_, 24/4/18.

• Management

_Ultima_ Management

I was digging through my archives and i found this marble.
    I thought let me place it online again :)
    • anatoliy0813 Lava trusted

It's unreal to see this forum back up after more than 5 years of being gone. I hope to see more old ablockz members coming back for a visit. Thanks _Ultima_ for bringing it back! There were a lot of great memories from this community.
      • Management

_Ultima_ Management

I closed everything to prevent replying to 5 years old stuff.
      Site seems to be broken here and there.. i got the avatars partially working again.

It's weird to see that some users have changed their username. They reverted back to the steve avatar on the forum.
      • Lava OP

chrixter Lava OP

Found myself randomly searching some old terms. Didn’t expect all of this to come through. Really does bring back memories haha

Hope you all are doing well 5 years later!
      • Coaster144 Lava trusted

Lots of memories were made here. I still miss lava survival
        • cucubot New Member

so err... i miss classic heh
          - Double post -
          Seriously though I'm happy that even after 5 years, part of the ablockz community still check the remnants of this place every so often. i am currently attempting to check if any old players have migrated to current mc communities like hypixel etc. good luck w/ all of ya!
          • tines552 New Member

Welcome back man, missed ablockz alot.
            • WorldShowOFF New Member

Wow! can't believe that!
              Is there a chance for ablockz return in cc?
              • Lava OP

jetsdude840 Lava OP

This is too cool
              • Lava OP

nahkoots Lava OP

Glad to see this place up again! Had to do a double take when the page loaded to make sure I wasn't on the Wayback Machine. Anyone have a copy of the classic server files? I still have a couple of old SMP worlds if someone wants them.
              • Management

_Ultima_ Management

Too bad i can't find the original server files.
              • tines552 New Member

We could start an all new Ablockz server in classic cube ^^
                MCDzienny does most of the work for you anyway iirc.
                • Management

_Ultima_ Management

@Spazzer Do you still have a backup of the original server files laying around somewhere?
                (i hope he reads this)
                • Management

_Ultima_ Management

@Stuwie123 I heard you were running a old version of aBlockz a couple of years ago. Do you still have it? :)
                (also hopes he reads this)
                • MasterlazorX New Member

@_Ultima_ Not sure if they are active anymore sadly. But I am running a server LS/Freebuild that was inspired by your server and I've been making it closer like yours by watching YT videos like the custom messages.

But I don't really think mine would stay faithful to aBlockz, so I really do hope that you find the original server files at some point!
                  • Management

_Ultima_ Management

I was thinking.. i reinstalled the OS of the server so my dad can use it but he never did.
                  Maybe i can recover some files..

I know what i am going tonight. :D
                  • Management

_Ultima_ Management

Interesting story:
                  I hooked up the hard disk of the server to my main pc.
                  While i was downloading the software to recover lost files i noticed that my harddisk was almost full.

So i thought maybe i can move some files to my other hard disk.. I opened the other disk and the dropbox icon caught my attention. Since i transferred all my stuff from dropbox years ago i couldn't help myself to open it.

Hmm all my old files where still there, since dropbox wasn't running anymore it never deleted the files locally.
                  Guess what i found! :D

The full backup of all the minecraft servers + databases!
                  Guess i will be spending some time to fix the lava server.
                  • Bacon New Member

so who remembers boomshot555 xd, also good to see yall again
                    • Lava OP

arvid115 Lava OP

Yep, great to see some people back from 2012 again, long time has passed since... would be really fun if this could actually become a thing again! This server played a big role during a part of my childhood, would love to get to relive the experience!
                    • __Bacon__ New Member

Is there a way to change my forum username, not sure why I have this as my username. Been so long